As a medical marijuana doctor in Coral Springs, Dr. Tirmal is often asked about the eligibility requirements for a medical marijuana card and its use in the state of Florida. Today we’re going to talk about some of those requirements.
Medical Marijuana Eligibility in the State of Florida
Requirements For Use in Florida
In the state of Florida, the requirements for medical marijuana in Florida are as follows:
- You must be a permanent or seasonal resident in the state of Florida.
- A qualified physician must have diagnosed you with a qualified medical condition.
- You must be entered in the medical marijuana registry.
- You must have a valid medical marijuana card in the state of Florida.
Qualifying Conditions For a Card in Florida
Qualifying conditions for a card in the state of Florida include:
- PTSD (Post-traumatic stress disorder)
- ALS (Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis)
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Chron’s Disease
- MS (Multiple sclerosis)
- Conditions similar to or of the same class as those listed above
- A terminal condition diagnosed by a physician other than the qualified physician issuing the physician certification
- Chronic nonmalignant pain caused by a qualifying medical condition or that originates from a qualifying medical condition and persists beyond the usual course of that qualifying medical condition.
What Benefits Come With a Doctor Issued Card?
What benefits do you get with having a valid card from a qualified physician in the state of Florida?
- Having a legitimate card means that you have access to dispensaries in the state of Florida.
- A card also gives you access to medically necessary, targeted, and customized medical marijuana products for your particular conditions as prescribed by your doctor.
- Your card will also give you access to physician monitored treatment and care while using medical marijuana.
- A valid card also gives you a degree of legal protection when it comes to purchasing, using, and possessing medical marijuana.
- Having a valid card and getting access to regulated medical marijuana also means that you avoid having to seek or grow marijuana for your own needs. This is beneficial because it avoids the legal repercussions of being in possession of illegal marijuana. It is also beneficial because it avoids being charged with intent to distribute if you grow a larger amount of marijuana for your own personal use.
Do You Qualify For a Medical Marijuana Card?
Do you qualify for a card in the state of Florida and need a doctor to help you obtain that card? Dr. Tirmal and Benevolent Care LLC can help. All you have to do is give us a call at (954) 994-7002 to make your appointment for a free medical evaluation today!